Thursday, December 23, 2010

Big Crochet Head Warmer



I made this back at the beginning of November, so I'm having to go back and look at the finished product to remember what I did... here goes nothing! This is more of an outline than a pattern.

Materials
-US 9.00 MM hook (M/N)
-Yarn of your choice (I like to use bulky or super bulky weight for extra warmth. I used some leftover Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in blue to make this head warmer).
-Yarn needle for weaving in ends and attaching flower

Notes
ch- chain
HDC- half double crochet 
sl st- slip stitch

Pattern 
Ch 11, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
Ch 2, turn, hdc in each st across. Repeat until head warmer is long enough to reach around wearer's head. I went for approx. 52 rows.
Sl st ends together to form complete circle to go around head and fasten off OR
Fasten off, leaving tail long enough to sew two ends of head warmer together.
I love to use this flower to attach to everything I make! It's so cute and just perfect. Easy, too!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you...just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you share flower pattern please?? thank you :)

    ReplyDelete