Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things...

As of late, I've decided to teach myself to knit. As much as I absolutely LOVE crocheting, I'd like to broaden my horizons... and my dad requested a Jayne Cobb hat, which I would like to knit for authenticity (sure, there are crochet patterns for it, but I want to get as close to the real thing as possible).
So I have knit one piece so far. Here it is:
A pretty little washcloth. I still have a lot of work to do as far as learning the stitches and everything goes, but I'm so proud of it! I took a stab at knitting a willy warmer for James's package (Ha! Pun intended) that I sent to Iraq Monday... but couldn't figure out for the life of me how to knit in the round, so I gave in and quickly crocheted one:

I hope it fits! Here's the ravelry page for it. He should get the package in about ten days. I can't wait!
I have plenty of WIPs right now... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment