Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reasons Why I Love...

Pinterest. Seriously though. I love it. Not only do I find endless amounts of wonderful recipes for me to make for dinner regularly, I find beautiful crochet and sewing patterns, a ton of home remedies and homemade cleaning solutions, and so many random crafts!

Today's project: hand drawn monogrammed plates... WITH SHARPIES. Roughly based off of this concept that I stumbled upon on Pinterest yesterday!
I just went to Dollar Tree and bought four one dollar ceramic plates, and then printed a "T" in a font that I liked off of Microsoft Word and traced it with a pencil onto the plates... then baked for thirty minutes at 350*! Lovely. I think I'll do some matching bowls and cups. Give it a try, it's easy! You could get so creative with this!

I've got some exciting crochet and sewing projects that I'm working on... stay tuned!

*The link's suggested baking time didn't make the sharpie stick, so I searched around and found this more suitable one. Make sure you turn your oven off, open the door, and let the plates cool before you try to remove them.

No comments:

Post a Comment