Sunday, September 8, 2013

Braided Scarf: Improvised "Pattern"

Not really a pattern, but rather a set of instructions. I have been seeing many of these in stores so I decided to make one with some wool/soy blend yarn I had laying around. I want to make sure I write down the instructions so I can duplicate it!


Materials: 
(2) 110 yd skeins of worsted weight yarn- you will use about a skein and a fourth. I used Patons SWS in natural pink.
K hook (I crochet kind of tight, so you might want to go down a hook size... but if you use a big hook, you get a nice chunky look)

Instructions:
Chain 85. DC in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Chain 2, turn, repeat until you have three rows. Finish off. Make three of these long strips. When finished, loosely braid them together. Sew the ends of the strips together. Weave in all ends. Tah daaaaaah!


2 comments:

  1. A very versatile pattern only limited by your imagination! Just in time for fall:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so simple! Great thing when just watching tv, thanks, Doll!

    ReplyDelete