Saturday, April 12, 2014

Low Cal Chicken Salad Recipe

In a pinch and already over my usual calorie amount for the morning (thanks Bojangles, you irresistible beast), I came up with this low calorie chicken salad recipe. Served over about 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, this was delicious and filling.

-3 T Miracle Whip (gross, I know, but low calorie mayo)
-3 T Pickle Juice
-1 can Kroger all natural canned chicken breast, drained and rinsed
-1 stalk celery, chopped
-3 or 4 Mt. Olive Kosher Petite Dill Pickles, chopped

In small bowl, use fingers (or fork) to separate chicken into strands. It should separate very easily. Combine all other ingridients in bowl with chicken and mix well. Chill before eating if desired. Serve over spinach. One 1/4 cup serving of this recipe is only 95 calories (according to My Fitness Pal's handy recipe calculator). I only had one serving because I had a late breakfast and this was a late lunch, but on a normal day I would eat two servings over 1 cup of spinach.

On another note, I LOVE THIS CANNED CHICKEN. It is all natural. No weird ingredients. I'm really hating that we don't have a Kroger nearby right now. I NEED MORE CANNED CHICKEN.
Anyway...
Enjoy!
~KPT

No comments:

Post a Comment